Digital Marketing is something that hoteliers cannot forget to budget in 2014. For operational success and true customer-relationship management, it is necessary keep the website and mobile content fresh, examine the property’s reputation via web and social media channels and also responding to guest reviews for effective results. It is a great news for hoteliers that they can judge on fully managed digital marketing programs and expertise offered by Search Infomedia.
As said by one of the world’s most savvy and successful businessmen, Warren Buffett, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” Hoteliers should take notice of this advice, especially in today’s Digital Marketing age. It is really very hard to manage the content on Facebook, Twitter and many other social platforms, therefore, the support of a Digital Marketing Agency will be of a great help.
The hoteliers need to build six must-haves into their 2014 budget for an effective Digital marketing Campaign for an effective and efficient response:
- The Big game of 2014 will be Google’s social network, Google+. Therefore, the marketers need to staff to set-up and maintain Google+ page. And also, they need to budget sufficient time for staff to engage with the hotel’s target audience and support ongoing conversations. In the upcoming time, the two way communication via Facebook and Twitter pages will not be enough.
- Responding to guests’ reviews on the top travel review sites and social networks is very necessary. Staffing resources to reply to all guest reviews can be a full time job. Whether a review is positive or negative, it requires a response. Think of the service as a way to reach the next potential guest who is reading your reply.
- Coming up with a Guest Review Widget on the hotel’s website, if the hotel is branded will help a lot. Marketers need to provide a space where the guests can express their views, on the hotel’s website and not on the Online Travel Agent (OTS’s) site. Guest Review Widget is slowly replacing OTA and taking ownership of the guest-communication process and reducing their contribution of lower rated net rate business.
- In the present day time, where the internet can be accessed from anywhere, a streamlined mobile website exclusive for Smartphone users will be a great news. Hotels must have a dedicated mobile website that provides all the necessary information the users are looking for. Mobile is about speed and efficiency, therefore mobile website must deliver a dynamic and streamlined user experience regardless of mobile device.
- Think about the website redesign. Last year’s website is obsolete. The website should be redesigned with latest and high resolution photography to make the website attractive and pleasing. Consumers have larger PC screens than ever and expect to see stunning visuals on your website.
- The hoteliers need to increase the pay-per-click budget in 2014 , if it was not revised last year. There is more competition than there used to be as the PPC costs have increased year over year. The end result, the cost per clicks are increasing and hoteliers need to keep up.
In order to beat the competitors, a Hotelier must have all the six items in their marketing strategy. Search Infomedia provides hoteliers with guidance and support in all the areas mentioned and ensure properties remain competitive and maximize their online revenues in 2014.