Internet is an amazing phenomenon which has changed the way we interact. Everyday approximately 1500 domains are registered worldwide and a huge number of website pages are added to the massive database of World Wide Web. Any given business is considered trustworthy if they are present on internet. People tend to buy more from a website than going to a nearby local market. Online presence of a business is a big concern in today’s digital world.
Businesses have started to understand the importance of their online presence and working hard to expand it. Innovations in mobile technology have also impacted the way people buy, sell, learn and take buying decisions. Internet access is no longer limited to a computer as a large number of mobile devices are also equipped with it. Almost all the businesses around the globe have adopted the latest trends in internet technology. Websites are being designed with keeping responsive web designing in mind.
Responsive Web Design or RWD is a web design approach to reach maximum viewers on every mobile device and computer as well. The website should be designed and optimized for easy viewing, scrolling and resizing on any device. The content and images should be accessible in a readable manner. Here are a few primary reasons why a business or brand should consider responsive web designing.
– Website designed with RWD method can be opened in a wide range of different screens and devices.
– Such websites get better search engine optimization and search results on all the devices.
– Better search results mean better prospects and potential to grow at a faster rate.
– Responsive website works on all the platforms, e.g. Windows, Blackberry, iOS and Android.
For a website designer these pointers may come in handy to help design such a site:
– One design approach/style – If you want to keep one design for all your sites and plan to keep it like that then design using non-flash contents. Flash only makes your content heavy and sluggish.
– Size of Width – Keep your design no longer than 980 pixels in width. Most of the internet browsers will resize your website as per the screen, however, it is recommended to choose the width between 960 to 980 pixels for optimized viewing.
– Bottom area – A typical 800×600 pixels website may leave a lot of space on a mobile device at the bottom. To fill the bottom area of all the browsers on all the devices, consider extending the pages’ height to more than 600 pixels.